The satisfaction of over 100 DILOS customers speaks for itself
No two projects are the same. With our customers and partners, we always find the right and optimal solution. This applies across all industries, from family businesses to medium-sized companies and large corporations. DILOS has proven itself in numerous projects and continues to evolve.
The ZIEGLER GROUP, headquartered in Plößberg/Upper Palatinate, Germany, is a family-owned company operating globally with approximately 1,500 employees. Within a short period of time, the company expanded its range of logistics services to include warehouse logistics. The REMIRA DILOS warehouse management system proved to be a valuable asset in establishing professional 3PL contract logistics. The objectives of using DILOS were:
- Expanding the value chain by incorporating in-house warehousing and additional logistics services
- Replacing warehouse processes previously managed through Excel
- Implementing end-to-end processes, from incoming goods to picking and packing, along with additional services for outgoing goods
- Further increasing process efficiency
Textile logistics specialist Barth+Co, based in Hallbergmoos near Munich, processes around three million hanging and flat pack garments a year and handles around 100,000 items for its customer LK International (Lasse Kjus) alone.
Highlights of the warehouse management system
- Multi-client logistics in the textile, food, merchandise and e-commerce sectors
- Wide range of value-added services around warehouse logistics, including ironing or textile finishing
- Use of mobile barcode scanners
- Customer connection to LVS via interface and web application dilos.net
More logistics customers
Bosch Tiernahrung GmbH & Co. KG is one of the leading pet food manufacturers in Germany. With state-of-the-art production and packaging facilities, as well as comprehensive quality management, they ensure the supply of pet food in compliance with food standards to over 35 countries worldwide. The warehouse management system highlights include:
- Interface with Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP system
- Expiry date (MHD) management and batch tracking
- Partial and mixed pallet management
- Paperless warehouse management using WLAN scanners and forklift control terminals
- Storage from multiple production bays via I-points
- Integration of the fully automated high-bay warehouse with the WMS
- Integration of the driverless transport system with the WMS
- Management and timed delivery of packaging materials to production facilities
- Route provisioning of delivery orders through the automated warehouse
CUBE's product range includes not only high-quality bicycles but also accessories, leisure clothing, and various other bike-related products. Up to 2,500 bicycles are produced daily and shipped from the facility in Waldershof. CUBE utilizes a combination of DILOS and a supplier portal with the following features:
- Integrated production management, from component tracking to the finished bike
- Support for the quality assurance (QA) process during production
- Precise assembly on the production line
- Web-based supplier integration with LIEFERANTENPORTAL.DE
- Paperless warehouse control using WLAN scanner devices, covering goods receipt of supplier-labelled items to multi-stage production supply transports. This enables paperless picking and 100% loading control.
- Connection of the conveyor line with an automatic labelling system to the warehouse management system (WMS)
- Direct shipping from production
- Returns processing
Danish sporting goods manufacturer Hummel boasts a history of over 90 years. The unforgettable triumph of Denmark at the 1992 European Football Championship, donning Hummel shirts, remains ingrained in memory. Presently, successful teams like SC Freiburg in the German Soccer League or Füchse Berlin in the DKB Handball Bundesliga are delighted by Hummel's team sports equipment. In addition to sportswear, Hummel also offers sporty lifestyle collections for children and adults, along with numerous shoe collections.
To further enhance its logistical efficiency, Hummel revamped its distribution logistics last winter. This included the relocation to the new central warehouse in Handewitt near Flensburg and the establishment of subsidiary CELLA Logistik GmbH. Concurrently, a new warehouse management system, DILOS, was introduced.
DILOS manages the entire flow of goods at Hummel, from goods receipt to order picking, dispatch and returns handling. Over 30 order pickers efficiently process around 2,000 orders daily, employing completely paperless mobile MDE technology and employing special picking methods such as multi-order picking. Consequently, Hummel's trendy products are always available on time.
More industry customers
GLOBO Handels GmbH, specializing in the development and global distribution of decorative home lighting, stands as one of the leading lighting retailers in Europe. Their product range consists of over 2,000 items, shipped to more than 50 countries worldwide.The logistics centre in St. Jakob, boasting 33,000 pallet spaces, ensures efficient product delivery, thanks in no small part to the DILOS! Key features include:
- Innovative replenishment strategy and simultaneous picking of multiple orders
- Integration with the Microsoft Dynamics NAV enterprise resource planning system
- Fully paperless warehouse management using mobile scanning devices and forklift control terminals
- Performance and bonus calculation based on key performance indicators from the Time Data workforce management system
With 29 companies, Lagerhaus Traunviertel eGen is one of the largest employers in the Traunviertel region of Upper Austria. They offer a comprehensive range of products and services in the fields of agriculture, building materials, energy, construction services, markets, building services, machinery, and vehicle technology. The warehouse management system highlights include:
- Fully paperless warehouse management, from goods receipt to goods issue, utilizing mobile MDE units. This includes loading tour vehicles for supply and processing of pick-up customers directly from the central warehouse.
- Browser-based connection of branches to the central warehouse via DILOS.net
- Mobile ad-hoc printing of barcode labels at the truck
- Staging area display of picked goods on a large screen in the store area
Nerlich & Lesser
Founded in 1949, Nerlich und Lesser is a family-owned company based in Deggendorf, specializing in the trade of iron, building materials, sanitary ware, heating, tiles, elements, and plumbing. Today, the company operates from 12 locations throughout Germany. The warehouse management system features include:
- Central warehouse with multi-shift operation and handling of 1,600 picks per day
- Paperless warehouse management facilitated by mobile WLAN scanners
- Interface integration with the gevis ERP system (based on Microsoft Dynamics)
- Warehouse and picking area management through DILOS
- Route-specific and ad hoc order picking for pick-up customers
- Area-based picking for single orders or MOP (Multiple Order Pick) runs
- Route building process and 100% loading control ensured through outbound scanning